Google Dart overview
A new web programming language called Dart seeks to gain acceptance among developers that now prefer Java, C and PHP, among others.
Its creators come from Google’s development team and their aim is to promote a new way to make web applications. Dart was designed to have high performance in current web browsers and on different platforms, smartphones or tablets.
Dart has an open source with specifications, community forums, tutorials, example of how to program and other resources. It is in beta stage but will soon offer a virtual machine in Chrome browsers where developers can test their Dart codes.
Objectifs of Google Dart
Dart is designed to achieve three main goals:
- High performance in every device with regard to browsing the Internet (smartphones, tablets, PCs).
- Ability to create customized tools to facilitate development.
They will have to seek the acceptance of developers if they want to position their language as one of the most powerful web languages on the Internet. They will have to compete with languages like Java, C, C + +, C #, PHP, Objective-C, Visual Basic and Python (web languages most used by the index TIOBE).
Google Dart Features
- Class system with inheritance and interfaces.
- Static data typing.
- The use of generic language in specifications.
- Real block lexical scope.
- Operator Overloading and constructors.
- Concurrency model based on actors.
- Interpolation of strings.
- Named constructors.