Plans & Prices in India with Idea Cellular
Idea Cellular was borned in 2000 from the merger of Tata Cellular on one side, which provided mobile services in Andhra Pradesh, and Birla-AT&T on the other side, which operated in Maharashtra and Gujarat. The new company, initially known as Birla-Tata-AT&T, was pouplarly known as Idea, and so was rebranded later.
Idea currently serves all of the Indian territory, and is the 3rd largest mobile services operator in India (with over 117 million subscribers and a wireless revenue market share of 15% as of Q1 2013) and one of the largest operators in the world (ranked 14 by revenue as of Q2 2012, with $1 billion). Its strong growth comes from a deep penetration in non urban and rural markets (2 in 3 new subscribers come from rural or semi-urban areas of India).
Idea offers a few different price plans:
- Plan Idea 899: 4000 Local/STD mobile min, 1000 roaming mobile mins, 450 local and national SMS
- Retail Super 249: 1000 local mins+250 local and national SMS
- Add On Plan 149: 149 local mins, unlimited calling within group, 100 local and national SMS
- Super Saver PSB 199: 200 local mins, 150 STD mins
- Retailer CUG 149: 149 local mins, unlimited calling within group, 100 local and national SMS
- PSB 199: 12000 sec local, STD and 200 local and national 1000 local mins, 250 local and national SMS free
- Retail voice + data combo 249 plan: 1000 local mins, 250 local and national SMS
However, Idea’s smarthpones offer is quite limited, and they offer only two models on their website: